1. Trim your trees and shrubs which are close to your home, so there aren’t any branches touching your home that might help insects and rodents get into your home.
2. Keep pine straw, wood chips, and mulch away from your home. These places could be the perfect breeding grounds for insects.
3. Rake leaves around your property when they fall. You mulch them or should bag them. You don’t want leaves remaining on your property. Could it damage your grass, but it could become a house to insects.
4. Seal your doors and windows, so there are no openings that will enable insects into your home.
5. Replace or fix your displays that have any holes or openings in them.
6. Seal gaps, cracks, and crevices round the outside of your home. Be sure that you simply assess places where cable wires utility lines, and other things are running into your home.
7. Cover bigger openings around your dwelling, like roof port or your chimney. You can purchase other things and wire net that you could place these holes over to keep any insects or rodents using these openings as an entry at home.
8. Keep garbage and recycled items away from your residence. You must remove them so insects and rodents are not attracted to these places as a source of food.
9. Keep your trash cans sealed, so rodents and insects can’t get into them. You need to also clean your trash can on a regular basis, so there are not any escapes or leftover food that could attract unwanted guests.
10. Lights can attract bugs to your residence, so you should replace your exterior lights with high pressure sodium vapor or halogen lights that will not attract bugs rather as much.
11. Keep your sink and bathtub drains clear, so there aren’t any clogs or standing water in your house.
12. Fix leaks in your appliances or plumbing fixtures, so there is absolutely no water in your home that could attract insects and rodents.
13. Prevent pooling water on your own property by fixing digging trenches, the irrigation system, or completing other landscaping endeavors, so the standing water doesn’t entice other insects and mosquitoes.
14. For those who own a bird or fountain bath in your property, it’s a good idea to replace the water in them twice a week. This will prevent mosquito eggs from hatching in the water.
15. Keep your house clean and clutter free as a way to keep rodents and insects from taking up residence in your home.
16. Clean up spills and any food crumbs straight away, so they don’t become a meal to rodents and insects.
17. Clean out your gutters and drains to eliminate debris and leaves which could attract insects and rodents.
18. Seal food containers to make sure that nothing can get into your food. You can buy glass containers or jars. You can use sealed bags , too.
19. Support natural predators into the region, like bats and birds. For instance, you could add a bird feeder on your property.
20. Assess the items that your bringing into your home, for example markets or secondhand furniture. Ensure that there are really no insects that you’re unknowingly bringing into your house.
After finishing these things, you can nevertheless contact an organization that can help you with pest control, to aid you remove the problem as immediately as possible.